The city of Athens is a beautiful place to visit. With its ancient ruins and stunning architecture, there is something for everyone to enjoy. However, if you want to see all the best that Athens has to offer, you’ll need a car! In this blog post, we will discuss 11 unique places that are worth visiting in Athens. We’ll also provide some tips on how to get around the city and where to find affordable car rental rates. So what are you waiting for?
Get your rental car booked and start exploring!
If you’re looking for a unique place to visit in Athens, renting a car is the perfect way to explore all the city has to offer
Here are 8 of our favorite places to visit:
- The Parthenon – The Parthenon is one of the most famous landmarks in Athens. Built in the fifth century BC, it’s a must-see for any history lover!
- The Acropolis – The Acropolis is another ancient landmark that’s definitely worth a visit. It’s located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the city.
- The Temple of Olympian Zeus – The Temple of Olympian Zeus is one of the largest temples in Greece. It was built in honor of the Greek god Zeus and is definitely a sight to see!
- The National Gardens – The National Gardens are perfect for a relaxing stroll. With plenty of flowers and trees, it’s a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
- The Plaka – The Plaka is a historic neighborhood that’s full of narrow streets and charming shops. It’s the perfect place to wander and explore!
- These are just a few of the unique places Athens has to offer. Renting a car is the best way to see all the city has to offer! So what are you waiting for? Book your rental today!
- Athenian Riviera – A strip of coastline along Athens’ Saronic Gulf, this spot is popular with both locals and visitors alike. With its clear waters and lovely beaches, it’s easy to see why!
- Poros Island – This small island is a great place to escape the city for a day. With its sandy beaches and tranquil waters, it’s perfect for relaxation.
- Hydra Island – Hydra is a popular weekend getaway for Athenians. Known for its picturesque streets and stunning architecture, it’s easy to see why!
There are plenty of interesting places to see that can only be reached by car – so why not take advantage of driving around town yourself?
Here are some of the most unique places to visit in Athens that can only be reached by car:
- The Temple of Poseidon: Located in Cape Sounion, this temple is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Athens. The best way to get there is by rented car so you can explore the area at your own pace.
- Mount Lycabettus: For those who want to hike and take in some stunning views of Athens, Mount Lycabettus is the perfect spot. You can drive right up to the base of the mountain and start your hike from there.
Some of our favorite spots include the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mount Lycabettus, and the Archaeological Museum – each with its own unique charm and history
If you’re looking to explore a little bit more off the beaten path, we suggest renting a car and checking out some of these lesser-known (but still amazing) places in Athens!